The distributed ledger technology known as blockchain holds potential to revolutionize global financial markets. But blockchain applications extend beyond finance.
Big corporations are also embracing blockchains to improve transparency in their supply chains, but there are still some big questions about how and where the technology can be best applied.
- How can we be sure that information uploaded to a blockchain is reliable at the interface between the real world and the blockchain i.e. “The Oracle”?
- How robust is the technology behind blockchain?
- Which industries have the most to gain from the transparency that a blockchain gives?
- How can companies be convinced to start using blockchain despite that there are few real world cases?
Join GreenBuzz for a thematic evening to discuss blockchain technologies and their applications for supply chain management.
Non-experts are welcome to attend, as well as professionals who already have exposure to or expertise in blockchain technology in their daily work.
18:00 – 18:30 Arrival and registration
18:30 – 18:35 Welcome by GreenBuzz
18:45 – 18:55 Short introduction to blockchain
18:55 – 19:05 Input by Senior Blockchain Technology Advisor and Expert Micha Roon
19:05 – 19:30 Inputs by industry experts TBA
19:30 – 20:30 Apéro / Buzzing
Who is it for?
- Supply chain and procurement managers
- IT experts working on supply chain applications
- Sustainability professionals working in consumer goods / food / materials companies
- Employees and / or founders of organisations that support and enable innovation
- Sustainability and sustainability-interested professionals who are curious about blockchain
What: Thematic Event
When: Thursday, 20th of June 2019, 18:00-20:30
Where: WWF Switzerland, Hohlstrasse 110, 8010 Zürich
Registration & Details
Free access to this event with a GreenBuzz membership. Read more...