- This event has passed.
Thematic Evening: Food Production & Technology- Greener Together?
October 6 @ 18:00 - 21:30
This event will happen as a face to face event. For the protection of our guests, speakers, hosts and team, we will strictly follow our. Covid-19 Schutzkonzept.
Technology is often perceived to conflict with sustainable food production. It is associated with intensive farming practices, pesticide and fertilizer use, genetically modified seeds, etc. which are widely seen to be detrimental to the environment, biodiversity and animal welfare.
However, there has been growing interest in green farming technologies and their potential to make agriculture more sustainable. Precision farming, data sensors, robotics, drones and bioengineering are being used to increase resource-efficiency, raise productivity and reduce negative impacts on the environment. Many of these technologies are still in early development stages. However they are evolving at impressive rates and could soon revolutionize our food production systems.
- What potential do they really offer?
- What challenges need to be tackled in order to expand their use?
- How can technology help to scale sustainable farming practices like organic or regenerative farming?
Join us to discuss the future of sustainable food production with large established businesses, research units and innovative start-ups.
Who is it for?
- Agriculture and food experts
- Technology experts
- Professionals interested in sustainability
18:00 – 18:30 Registration
18:30 – 18:45 Welcome by GreenBuzz and Mounia Boujija, Manager Strategy, Projects and M&A at Chocolat Frey
18:45 – 19:45 Speaker Inputs
- Urs Niggli, Director of the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FIBL)
- Pierre Kauffmann, Blockchain Leader Switzerland at IBM Switzerland
- Frits Vranken, CCO of Agrosustain
- Frederic Hemmeler, Co-Founder & CEO of Aero41
- Rafael Waber, CEO Swiss Shrimp
19:45 – 19:55 Wrap up
19:55 – 21:30 Apero / Buzzing
Discounts and Free tickets
Employees of our corporate partners can gain free tickets for this event. Please check here if your employer is a member of GreenBuzz and use your corporate discount code to register.