- This event has passed.
Thematic Event: The Sharing Economy – Moving Beyond Ownership
April 28, 18:00 - 21:30
The sharing economy has been part of our everyday lives for over a decade and it shows no signs of slowing down. In a world where goods are readily available and people have long associated identity with ownership, many are now turning to a different form of asset utilisation.
Thanks to technology, the internet and apps, few of us think twice today about stepping into a stranger’s car, staying in someone else’s home or even sharing our clothes. However, whilst the notion of sharing our assets in exchange for money or other goods and services is mostly more efficient and sustainable and makes economic sense for the beneficiary, the speed at which the sharing economy has taken off and disrupted traditional rival industries has created its own challenges.
Sustainability could be the big winner, with far more efficient resource utilisation. How do we grapple with the following questions and speed up the adoption of sharing?
- What is the legal liability for companies promoting sharing models?
- What is the insurance industry doing to adapt?
- Can we shift the mindset fast enough for mass adoption of sharing?
- Is sharing always the most sustainable option?
We explored a wide range of different products, services and business models that all fall under the banner of the sharing economy along with their opportunities, risks and the considerations for future development.
Guest speakers included:
- Ellen Berner, Sustainability Business Partner at IKEA Switzerland
- Anita Kirchberg, Head of Sales & B2B at Mobility
- Ivo David Kuhn, COO at Sharely
- Sophie Ribaut, Associate at Kellerhals Carrard
During the Apéro we had an exhibition to showcase inspiring entrepreneurs using a sharing model in their business model. Including