- This event has passed.
Virtual Unconference: How to Succeed in Switzerland’s Energy Transition
7th July 2020, 16:00 - 19:00
Coronavirus Update: GreenBuzz is going virtual! GreenBuzz is adapting to this new situation, that affects each and everyone of us.. Therefore you will receive a 50% discount – just use the discount code: Virtual_Buzzing!
In 2017, the Swiss population decided for the Energy Strategy 2050, which maps the way towards a low-carbon economy where renewable energy sources and energy efficiency replace nuclear energy. Filling the gap left by nuclear with reliable and clean power generation is one of the main challenges that Switzerland has to address.
This interactive discussion will inform attendees about where Switzerland stands in terms of progressing on the energy transition, and will put forward solutions that should be focused on from this point on to accelerate the transition. Our experts will address the issue at hand from a holistic perspective, with a focus on decarbonizing the building and transportation sectors.
We will discuss :
- How do we aim for low-carbon energy supply and reduced demand while answering to the growing need for energy?
- How can we exploit synergies between existing energy networks, especially in urban zones?
- Do we need a change in paradigm for a successful energy transition: relying on results and not the means?
- What is the potential of Energy Supply Contracting and Energy Performance Contracting (EPC)?
- What is the potential of renewable electrical or chemical energy as well as vehicle operational profiles in decarbonizing the mobility sector?
Who is this Unconference for:
- Business leaders ready to drive positive change
- Consumers and prosumers (those that already actively participate as buyers of solar panels for their homes, buyers of EVs etc.)
- Finance professionals who have some knowledge and openness regarding new financing models – to participate and provide innovative ideas about financing models to support the new business models
- Government and policy makers, including local leaders in municipalities
- People who want to design for change – young people with motivation to create projects and ideas that are beyond what we know today
- Energy professionals who can provide inputs on what is more feasible, what ideas are more likely to really move forward in the current innovation ecosystems around Switzerland.
Moderator : Christina Nakhle, GreenBuzz volunteer & ETH project manager
16:00 Start and welcome, Lena Stüdeli, GreenBuzz Managing Director
16:15 Get to know other participants – 1:1 introductions
16:30 Massimilano Capezzali
16:40 Define topics for discussion – Rachel Dale, Events manager
16:55 Short break
17:00 Sandra Klinke
17:10 Discussion round 1
17:40 Christian Bach
18:00 Discussion round 2
18:30 Q&A and wrap up
Costs (excluding the 50% discount):
Regular: CHF 85
Use the discount code “Virtual_Buzzing” to receive your 50% off.
Discounts and Free ticketsFree Access For GreenBuzz Members! Read More...
Employees of our corporate partners can gain free tickets for this event. Please check here if your employer is a member of GreenBuzz and use your corporate discount code to register.