Workshop: Successful B2C – Communicate Sustainability to Your Consumers
November 16, 17:30 - 20:00CHF95.00
Many companies are working on their sustainability strategies with renewed purpose. They are driving innovation and moving forward in becoming carbon neutral, delivering their sustainability goals, investing in impact funds or participating in the circular economy. However, to be successful businesses must communicate this effectively and simply to their consumers.
More than ever consumers are demanding companies to be sustainable. Accordingly, more money is flowing to ‘green companies’. At the same time, consumers are increasingly aware and skeptical of greenwashing. Oftentimes, it is the companies, especially smaller ones, that do most or a lot for sustainability that are the least vocal about it. They can be overlooked compared to companies that communicate about their sustainability efforts openly and loudly.
So how should the former companies communicate successfully to their consumers? How do they grow their market share of the new sustainability-aware generation?
These three principles play a central role in achieving great B2C sustainability communication:
- Communication must be understandable. What exactly is sustainable about the product or service?
- The communication must show the added value. What personal benefit does the sustainability aspect bring?
- The communication must be honest. Is what is promised really delivered in terms of sustainability?
Join our workshop on November 16th to hear how companies have succeeded in doing this. We will learn from Friederike Vinzenz who holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Media and Communication Science with a focus on sustainability communication. At RoomFor, she advises institutions and companies in the field of sustainability communication and supports the implementation of complex goals and action plans by means of data analysis.
Who is this workshop for?
Sustainability and communication professionals working in SMEs, corporations and startups.
- 17:30 Registration
- 17:45 – 17:55 Welcome and get to know other workshop participants
- 17:55 – 19:50 Workshop led by Friederike Vinzenz, founder of RoomFor
- Challenges of communicating sustainability?
- What makes something news? – Time, distance, status and dynamic.
- What are the advantages & challenges of messages?
- How do I reach my customers? – Effect, distribution, dispersion, reception and behavior.
- 19:50 – 20:00 Wrap up & informal discussion
- 20:00 – 21:00 Apéro
If you would prefer to register with Twint please follow the instructions here.