Website B Lab Switzerland
Using business as a force for good
B Lab Switzerland is a Swiss not-for-profit. We are part of the international network whose aim is to transform the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. B Lab creates standards, policies, tools, and programs that shift the behavior, culture, and structural underpinnings of our economic system. We also mobilize our community to join collective actions to address society’s most critical challenges.
The B Lab Switzerland team and our movement are growing. Therefore, we are building up our capacity to increase our impact. For this purpose, we are looking for an
Impact Engagement and Collective Action Role (80-100%), Zurich.
This role is a key position for us, responding to the growing demand from companies and organizations to engage in the movement. As Impact Engagement and Collective Action Associate, you will ensure that our B Corps, STI participants and allied organizations can actively engage in the movement. You will do this, for example, by
- Engaging participants in the Swiss Triple Impact Program for the German-speaking part of Switzerland (preparing and facilitating workshops, follow-ups, thematic events etc.)
- Developing and implementing partnerships in the context of the Swiss Triple Impact program
- Delivering strategic workshops for our B community, from materiality assessment to Positive impact strategy using B lab Switzerland methodologies and tools.
- Strategically building and independently implementing new cross-sector or cross-value-chain initiatives (similar, for example, to the B Corp Climate Collective BCCC)
- Mobilizing and provide content leadership to our ecosystem for collective action
You will build and leverage your change management, entrepreneurship, and culture change skills to strengthen the impact of our community. We need somebody who is equally comfortable tackling big strategic questions about the future of the economic system, or rolling up their sleeves to deliver programs.
Skills and experience
- Significant experience in driving the sustainability transformation in organizations
- Comprehensive understanding of key impact areas of the B Corp movement, such as climate action, climate justice, JEDI, SDGs and stakeholder governance.
- Experience in facilitating workshops in a conducive environment for change
- Conceptual capacity to develop and implement new initiatives/programs and onboard partners
- Strong language and communication skills: fluent in German/French (written and verbal required), good command in English and French/German.
- Personal gravitas and experience in public speaking.
- Proven experience in a corporate environment and working in a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Experience and no reservations about designing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint slides for target-specific audiences.
- Passionate about the role business can play in shaping a future.
- Strategic and creative thinker with an eye for the big picture and end goal.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment. It will be varied and fast-paced.
- Team player and team oriented, while autonomous in his/her tasks.
- Proactive, organized and self-motivated. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done, and quickly learning about complex topics outside of your traditional discipline.
We offer you an exciting and diverse team with dedicated members, plenty of room for your ideas and an opportunity to expand your experience and skills in the area of culture change in the private sector.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, reference letters). Please send them latest by 24 March to email@example.com. We will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis.
As an EOE/AA employer, B Lab Switzerland does not discriminate in its hiring practices on the basis of color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or disability of applicants. B Lab Switzerland values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.