Website B Lab Switzerland
Using business as a force for good
B Lab Switzerland is a Swiss not-for-profit. We are part of the international network whose aim is to transform the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. B Lab creates standards, policies, tools, and programs that shift the behavior, culture, and structural underpinnings of our economic system. We also mobilize our community to join collective actions to address society’s most critical challenges.
The B Lab Switzerland team and our movement are growing. Therefore, we are building up our capacity to deliver inspiring moments for our B Corp community and broader ecosystem. For this purpose, we are looking for a
Manager Events and Community (80-100%), Zurich or Lausanne.
This role is a key position for us, responding to the growing demand from companies and organizations to engage in the movement. As Manager Events and Community, you will ensure that our B Corps, STI participants and allied organizations can actively engage in the movement. You will do this, for example, by
- Conceptualizing and implementing B Lab events (online, offline & hybrid) such as the Swiss Impact Forum with up to 400 participants, but also smaller regional events (from coordinating the B Lab team to setting up the budget, raising funds, developing partnerships, communicating with partners, mobilizing keynote speakers, etc.).
- Creating inspiring moments and experiences for our community and ecosystem, for all participants to feel being part of an inspiring movement and empowered to act.
- Organizing the logistics around the events (explore locations, suppliers, logistics, etc.).
- Align with the communications team to make sure we have a coherent communications & content creation strategy.
Supporting our B Corp Community team by engaging our Swiss B Corps.
- Collecting data on our events and using insights from data to improve our event experiences.
We need somebody who is both comfortable in discussing big strategic questions about the future of the economic system and in rolling up his/her sleeves to deliver concrete results.
Your Skills and Experience:
- significant experience in project and event leadership.
- the ability to drive a project and to make decisions.
- experience in lateral leadership in teams.
- the conceptual capacity to develop and implement new events and onboard partners.
- strong language and communication skills: fluent in German or French (written and verbal required), good command in English and French or German.
- passionate about the role business can play in shaping the future.
- passionate about the B Corp movement and our community.
- a strategic and creative thinker with an eye for the big picture as well as for the small details.
- comfortable working in a dynamic start-up environment. It will be varied and fast-paced.
- a team player and team-oriented, while autonomous in your tasks.
- proactive, organized and self-motivated. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done, and quickly learn about complex topics outside of your traditional discipline.
We offer you role in an exciting and diverse team with dedicated members, plenty of room for your ideas and an opportunity to expand your experience and skills in the area of culture change in the private sector.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to receiving your complete application (Cover Letter, CV, Reference Letters). Please send them latest by 21 March 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review incoming applications on an ongoing basis.
As an EOE/AA employer, B Lab Switzerland does not discriminate in its hiring practices on the basis of color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or disability of applicants. B Lab Switzerland values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.