Website Global Infrastructure Basel Foundation
GIB promotes sustainable and resilient infrastructure
Are you passionate about urban youth safety? Would you like to join a fantastic team of very talented and dedicated people who are working hard around the world to make cities safer for young people? We’d love to hear from you!
About the Global Infrastructure Basel Foundation (GIB)
GIB is a non-profit Swiss organisation dedicated to promoting sustainable infrastructure development around the world. It works to support the creation of infrastructure that is economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable.
About the S2Cities Programme:
The S²Cities programme is an exceptional initiative that is changing the way secondary cities around the world are addressing urban challenges. With a focus on empowering the next generation of young leaders, the programme provides a unique platform for young people to drive positive change in their communities. Learn more about the programme here.
- Type: Internship (fixed-term contract)
- Start date: April 2023 or by mutual agreement
- Location: Basel, Switzerland. Hybrid arrangement. 2 days per week at the office
- Duration: 6 months
- Percentage: 80%–100%
- Travel required? Some local and international travel may be required
- Deadline for applications: 12th March 2023
- Other requirements: A Swiss work permit or Swiss/EU citizenship.
- Salary range: CHF 2,000-2,500/month for a full-time position, to be scaled down based on work percentage
About the position – Jr. Programme Officer (Internship) We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability, urban development, and youth engagement, and who shares GIB’s core values. You will be supporting our fantastic S2Cities team in monitoring, planning, reporting, and administrative tasks. You will also get the chance to explore your personal interests, expand your local and international sustainability network, and hone your programme-management and other professional skills.
What you would be doing:
- Co-leading the organisation of the Global International Convening of the Programme
- Leading the Programme’s communication strategy and operations
- Supporting the regional managers in different packages of work, such as: youth engagement, monitoring, risk management, governance
- Supporting the Global Programme manager and team in strategic (fundraising) and administrative tasks (minute taking, preparing presentations, calendar management), improving and maintaining the programme’s contact database.
Get in touch with us if:
- You have recently graduated or are about to graduate with a university degree in urban planning, sustainability, international development, business, or a related field.
- You are fluent in English (C2 level); Spanish or Bahasa Indonesia would be an advantage.
- You have great skills in drafting documents and making presentations (MS Office suite).
We’re looking for people who are:
- Proactive, solution-oriented and motivated
- Open-minded, with a positive attitude
- Team players with great organisation skills
Why join GIB?
- Fun and innovative working environment, and a work culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance for all
- An internship plan tailored to support your professional development and put you on the right career path
- Exposure to local and international events and project opportunities
- Five weeks of holiday per year (scaled based on the duration of the internship)
- “Wildcard” fully remote working weeks
- Half-fare travelcard and other benefits
- Friendly, caring and motivated team
How to apply?
At GIB we take inclusivity and equality very seriously. We strongly encourage all individuals of any gender, persons with disabilities and persons of any age to apply, and we promise we will consider your application carefully and fairly. Please let us know if we should make any accommodations for your application.
Please apply directly using our application form. You can access it here.
Please note that you will be asked to submit a CV and motivation letter in English. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by e-mail or phone and invited for an interview. Only applications submitted via this form will be considered. If you have any issues with the application form, or if you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.