The Kühne Foundation was established in 1976 by the Kühne family
The Kühne Foundation was established in 1976 by the Kühne family and is one of the largest foundations in the German-speaking world. As an operating foundation based in Schindellegi, Switzerland, it is involved in the fields of logistics, medicine, culture and, in the future, climate action.
With our work in the new climate unit, we aim to make a substantial contribution to a green transformation that is both efficient and globally responsible, and specifically decouple future economic growth and CO2 emissions. We would like to develop and implement projects that see logistics as part of the solution to a CO2-neutral society. We also want to enable climate protection projects that focus on economic development, particularly in the global south (Africa). For this, we plan to establish a science-based and implementation-oriented “think and do tank”.
For this purpose, we are looking for
two project managers in Schindellegi (CH) with focus on climate action (m, f, d) (full-time)
to develop and build up our (funding) activities in the field of climate action.
- Design the focus of the Kühne Foundation in the area of climate action (targets, activities and partners).
- Design and develop a “think and do tank” for climate action, and prepare the decision of its future location and the recruitment of further staff members
- Develop the think tank projects, e.g. on the topics of “inclusive green growth” and “green logistics” (together with scientific partners)
- Develop the implementation-oriented (funding) projects to strengthen climate protection and economic development in emerging and developing countries together with (international) partners
- Potentially establish an industry-wide incubator for green logistics
- Build a network with relevant actors and organizations active in the field of climate and development policy
- All tasks will be carried out in close cooperation with the leadership of the Kühne Foundation.
- University degree in economics, political science, social science, or environmental science (or equivalent)
- Substantial knowledge in the field of climate/sustainability policy and/or logistics/transportation and/or development work
- Experience in designing and implementing (international) think-tank or do-tank projects
- Experience in working with stakeholders and organizations from developing and emerging countries
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Independent and structured mode of working
- Strong creative drive
- High level of teamwork and cooperation skills
We offer you a high degree of creative freedom in setting up a new focus of work, high agility and speed of implementation, and the provision of significant resources for high-impact projects.
Please send your complete application (including salary anticipation and earliest possible starting date) to email@example.com by October 16.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.