Enabling building decarbonization at scale
Looking for a Fullstack Web Developer based in Switzerland as of March/April 2023. We offer this position for a 60-100% workload.
Now that our product is live, we want to make it scale – and that’s where you come in!
Scandens is an ETH Zurich spin-off that provides software solutions to quantify and understand the energy performance and climate impact of buildings and create actionable, profitable and 1.5°C-compliant renovation plans – fast, science-based and at scale.
We aggregate building and energy information from multiple sources, run it through our proprietary energy simulation engine and optimize the renovation strategy for financial performance and climate compliance.
We provide our services through both, our web application and APIs.
- Manage the technical development of our web application that includes both user interaction and data visualizations. You take ownership of your part and get the opportunity to shape our application based on the needs of our partners and customers.
- Support the UI/UX design and implement the frontend with a framework such as React or Angular.
- Manage and scale our server and database architecture.
- Further develop, deploy and maintain our web application for digital renovation planning (our tech stack: Angular, Django, PostgreSQL and AWS)
- Implement cutting-edge features according to our product roadmap (based on the needs of our customers)
- Collaborate and take a key role in our development team
Qualifications (ideally, not mandatory)
- Experience in developing complex web applications
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular
- Experience with backend frameworks such as Node.js, Django or Spring Boot
- Experience with client-server architecture, authentication and databases
- Experience with writing, documenting and integrating APIs
- Fluency in English
- Valid working permit for Switzerland
- Opportunity to scale the software and be an important part of the growth of the company
- Work on urgent real-world problems
- Join a company with a strong purpose
- Enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility
- Flexible work arrangements like work from home and BYOD
- Attractive compensation that includes shares of the company
- Regular team activities incl. team retreats
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and thus outline the process transparently.
- Complete a short questionnaire
- Invitation to a video-interview, in which we’ll want to get to know you as a person
- Invitation to a second video-interview, in which we’ll discuss the work and on the job skills
To apply for this job please visit scandens.onlyfy.jobs.