Website Solas Capital AG
Tailor-made financing solutions for energy efficiency
Solas Capital AG is an investment advisor founded by a leading team of sustainable finance investment professionals with experience in the fields of energy efficiency, renewable energy and infrastructure finance. Solas Capital’s goal is to support society’s transition to a carbon neutral economy by developing and managing sustainable finance products that have a double bottom-line investment objective. Located in Zurich, the company has a European outreach. To support the company´s growth as well as the launch of a European Sustainable Energy Fund focusing on energy efficiency projects, we are looking for a Sustainable Finance Intern.
We are open to internships lasting between 4-6 months. It may also be possible to combine the internship with a Masters dissertation research project.
This is a temporary role but has the potential to turn into a permanent role.
Role and areas of responsibility:
- gathering market data for business development, including industry research and identification of potential project partners
- participation in due diligence and project evaluation
- supporting in the preparation of client presentations and marketing materials
Candidates must have:
- third-level degree or masters in a relevant field.
- fluency in English and preferably business proficiency in one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, German, French or Polish
- experience in financial modelling and building PowerPoint presentations
- work experience in investments, legal or energy sectors
- problem-solving mindset and ability to work independently
- strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, sustainability and climate impact finance
- Swiss work permit or EU citizenship
Candidates may also have:
- previous experience in transaction execution
- previous experience in the solar, energy efficiency or infrastructure industry
What you can expect at Solas Capital:
- collaborative international team with a positive and proactive culture
- European experts in energy efficiency and sustainable finance
- to make a direct impact on the European energy transition
- hands-on engagement thereby expanding your expertise and network
- culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
This position is based in Zürich.
To apply for this job please visit join.com.